Wednesday, October 21, 2015

New Locks

Isn't Instagram the best? I mean, I absolutely love it! I love having a place for all my photos and sharing our sweet family moments with friends and family plus seeing all of my loved ones' moments make me happy, too! I also L-O-V-E the explore tab because I'm always finding beautiful new people to follow, outfits I don't need, and most recently a hair stylist that I just HAD to have color and cut my hair! 

I contacted Emily at The Hair Lab in St. Louis after admiring her work and was so sad to find out she wasn't taking on new clients until the new year. Bummer. But luckily, she had a cancellation and since I'm on maternity leave I was able to make it work. 


David watched both boys, Theron had a fever and cough, and I got to get a couple hours of pampering! I was so worried Townes would cry a lot or refuse to take a bottle but David had it all under control the whole time. I'm telling you, I was a worrier before kids but I have real anxiety after them. My heart races and I get so nervous, something I'm working on letting go. No-one does well with that sort of stress! 

Anyhow, Emily worked her magic and was the absolute sweetest. She explained everything she was doing and understood how I did not want my hair to be orange. Because of Instagram I was able to not only find her but view her portfolio and that makes ALL the difference. Going off of word of mouth or people's recommendations sometimes just doesn't work for me. I need to see with my own two eyes what people produce. 

I absolutely love what she did and can't wait to go back in December! If you're in the St. Louis area I urge you to check her out! 



xo

4 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

You always look amazing, Joi. But this haircut is AWESOME. Love.

CT@Living Analog said...

That is a great cut, color - all of it! Sad I'm not in STL anymore to check her out. Cheers - CT

Freckles Chick said...

Giiiiirl just when I thought you couldn't look any fiercer (more fierce?)!!!

PS. I hear you on the anxiety. I was an overthinker before kid, but now...NOW I worry about everything. As Elsa said: "Let it go. Let it gooooo..."

Myssie@PendletonMarket said...

Your hair looks great! I love it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...